Talk To Larry – Answers to Covered California questions – Chico Health Insurance
Confused About Covered California and the Affordable Care Act?
It doesn’t matter if you are a fan of it or not, it’s is here. Enrollment began October 1st and coverage starts January 1st. If you look right below me, you will see just how few days are left.
Here is the thing… I have been paying close attention to this for years now and here are some things you will want to know
1. If you stack all the pages of the bill on top of each other, it would be as tall as a first grader.
2. If you have a plan with your employer, you don’t have to do anything.
3. If you have an individual plan or no health insurance at all, you must enroll or face a fine.
4. If you don’t think you have to enroll because you have been turned down due to a preexisting condition, you won’t be turned down. So you must enroll.
5. If you think you can’t afford it, you can. The average north valley family of 4 will pay only 5 a month.
6. To enroll is simple, just fill out the simple form below and we will contact you with a customized plan with your choices.
Here’s basically how it works, Literally Millions of people will receive a “Advanced Premium Tax Credit” from the Federal Government.
What this means is the Government is going to pay for a small to a large portion of your insurance if you qualify. And most of us qualify.
The less you make the more help you will receive.
I know you’re saying “Okay” I get it… the plans are affordable for everybody, but what about the coverage?
Well, the coverage is pretty dam good because you have choices. There are 4 different plans for you to choose from. So you pick the plan that works best for you.
The new system makes it easy to compare plans in the same category because health care has become standardized.
Let me explain what that means to you… the government is paying 60, 70, 80 or 90% of your premiums so it doesn’t matter if you pick a plan with Blue Shield, Blue Cross or with Health Net… The coverage is the same.
The challenge of understanding coverage is gone. It used to be like comparing apples and tea cups. It was almost impossible to know if what you were getting was the best or not. The confusion is gone.
You can now choose the insurance coverage you want—you’re in the driver’s seat. —It’s your Choice.
I’m making the process simple for you.
My team and I are here to help you qualify for the maximum government advanced tax credit you can qualify for and then help you pick the plan that works best for you.
We will show you in very simple terms (not lawyer talk) what each package is and how it affects you.
Just fill out the form below and we will do the rest—you will get by e-mail your personalized health care quote.
Then you can call us and we can take 10 to 15 minutes on the phone answering any questions you might have.
Creating A Budget For Your Finances
Do you realize how many times have you told yourself that next payday I will make sure to budget my finances in order to save up for a rainy day? More often than not, what you end up doing is list down the things that needs to be paid, and then payday comes without you having to save any money left and there are those rare occasions that you don’t even have enough on your hands because of an unforeseen expense.
Creating a budget for your finances doesn’t mean cutting back on spending on things that you enjoy in life. Creating a budget for your finances means understanding just how much you have, knowing where it should go, and wisely allocating those funds. Creating a good budget can keep you on track financially and can help you identify cash flow problems that you can free up and allocate for something else.
Sitting down with your spouse and writing down these details will help you both devise a plan on how to effectively manage your funds. Once in black and white, people are often surprised at how much money they have left after all the expenses have been paid off. This is excess money that they could have saved or invested every month.
Below are some guidelines that can help you create a good budget for your finances:
- Allocate. First identify how much income you and your spouse make in a month. Also include other informal sources of income like side jobs, etc., that add to the family’s total available income per month.
Make a list of all the expenses that you incur every month. Begin by putting down an estimate of how much you are willing to spend on each category, after which list down what you actually spend on each. Once you see the difference between the two, you can adjust accordingly in order to reach your desired budget for each expense. Keeping expenditures close to the figure you have targeted will be hard at first, but in the next few months, you will see that having a target in mind will not be such a daunting task. There are budgeting worksheets that you can download online that already lists the common household expenses to help guide you through this step.
- Save. Deduct the total amount of expenses from your family’s total income. Hopefully, there is a surplus of funds. Once you arrive at this amount discuss with your spouse a figure within this amount that you are comfortable with to save and put away on either an investment or bank savings. Commit to setting aside this amount every month and consider this as an expense that has to be paid out. Waiting for any excess money after all the expenses has been paid out is not an effective way of saving money. Regarding it as an expense that needs to be addressed every month ensures that you are able to save up.
- Monitor. It doesn’t end with making a list of the funds that you have and how it is allocated. Remember to keep track of your expenses, keeping in mind the amount that you are trying to target for the expenditure.
Impaired Risk Life Insurance
Most people know how important it is to have a life insurance policy to cover the needs of their family when they are no longer there to provide for them due to accidental death or death from illness and disease. It is prudent to take out life insurance coverage as early as possible while you are still young and healthy, as health conditions such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease will have an effect on the premiums of a life insurance policy. An insurance provider will impose a pre-existing condition clause on the life policy of the insured and will require a waiting period before benefits come into effect. A person with a pre-existing condition will pay a higher premium for life insurance than a healthy individual.
Life Insurance Advisors
You may have been frustrated in the past when trying to find insurance cover because you suffer from a pre-existing condition. Life Insurance Advisors are not insurance providers, but provide a service to source the best insurance cover from the many insurance providers in the industry, for the benefit of their clients who suffer from health problems. The service that they provide is invaluable to someone who has applied for life insurance and been declined benefits due to health problems.
Life Insurance Advisors will offer you a better option, for example, impaired risk life insurance that allows clients with health issues to take out whole life, term and universal life insurance products at the best possible rates. With impaired risk life insurance clients are matched to an insurance product from an insurance provider that offers the required cover for the particular health problem in question at the best rate. Using the services of Life Insurance Advisors reduces the stress of trying to find life insurance cover on your own while suffering from health problems.
What are the benefits of using the services of an Impaired Risk Life Insurance specialist?
Agents who represent typical insurance providers are only able to offer the insurance products sold by that particular company. These insurance providers may offer life insurance to those with health problems, however the premiums will be very high and often they decline an application when the risk ratio is too high. Individuals who suffer from poor health are already finding it hard to deal with health issues and they need help in finding life insurance cover that will satisfactorily cover their loved ones when they die. Experts who deal with impaired risk life insurance are able to assist such individuals and ease the burden.